There is a two-professor team teaching one course together. One of them gives the lecture and the other one gives the assignment. Do you think this is a good idea or not? Explain why.
1. Some people believe parents should exercise some control over the TV programs their children watch. Other people believe children should choose whatever TV program they want to watch. Which do you think is better?
2. Some people want their children to go to school, but some people prefer to let their children be home schooled. Which do you prefer? Why?
3. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Decisions made by a group of people are always better than decisions made individually.
4. Some people prefer to spend time with a wide variety of friends and acquaintances. Other people prefer to spend their free time with close friends. Which do you prefer?
5. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People should always tell the truth.
6. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents put more pressure on students than ever before.
7. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The most important thing cannot be learned in the classroom.
8. Do you agree or disagree that it is important for young people to learn skills like cooking, sewing and caring for others?
9. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Business conferences should meet in person instead of using video calls.
10.Should students be required to evaluate their professors at the end of the semester?
11. Some kids like to play games outdoors, and some kids like to play inside their house. Which did you prefer when you were a kid? Why?
12. Do you think we should settle disagreement in a humorous way or a serious way?
13. Some people think competition will motivate students. Some people think competition has negative influences. Which do you agree with? Explain why?
14. Some people prefer to make plans about social activities with their friends in advance. Others prefer to make decisions when they meet each other. Which way do you prefer and why?
15. Some teachers prefer to answer students’ questions while they are delivering a lecture. Some teachers prefer to answer their questions when the lecture is over. Which one do you prefer? Why?
16. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Students should take some additional courses so that they can get their credits more quickly.
17. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Being polite is more important than being truthful.
18. What is your opinion on the following statement: students should be allowed to take snacks and beverage into classrooms?
19. Should people be allowed to take photos when visiting a museum?
20. Who do you prefer to get advice from, older people or peers? Why?