1. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Drivers should pay a fee for driving in busy city streets when there is the greatest heavy traffic.
2. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Movies and television programs should present stories that good people should be rewarded and bad people should be punished.
3. Some people believe that children from 5 to 10 should take one hour-long class and then have a rest or play some games, while others say that they should take longer classes and have a full rest at noon to increase the time they can focus. Which one do you prefer?
4. People are required to give feedback about classmates in school or colleagues at work. Someone would like to give positive feedback first and then give negative feedback, while others would like to give negative feedback and then give positive feedback. Which one would you prefer?
5. What is the most effective action for individuals to improve environment?
a. Walking and bicycling instead of driving private cars to work or school;
b. Recycling or reusing objects instead of throwing them in trash;
c. Buying locally grown organic products.
6. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The rapid growth of a city has mainly positive impact on the society. Use specific examples and details to support your answer.
7. Which one do you think is the best way to successfully finding a job?
a. asking friends or asking online for information on a job opening
b. sending letters about yourself to the company you want to work for
c. searching for advertisements from companies through different medias such as newspapers
8. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People should stop reading and listening to the news for a period of days or weeks.
9. A town is given an amount of money to build an outside place, which can be either a garden or a sports field for the nearby high school students since the high school doesn't have a sports field. Which do you think is better? Use examples and details to support your answer.
10. If you have limited time to visit a city, which of the following is the most effective way to learn about the city.
a. touring historic sites
b. going shopping in shopping centers
c. spending time in restaurants or cafes
11. Which kind of sites would you prefer to travel?
a. sites that are popular with many other tourists.
b. sites that are less popular with less tourists.
12. Some people like studying in small classes with fewer students (in which professors are able to remember every body’s name). Others like studying in big classes. Which one do you prefer? Use specific details and examples to support your answer.
13. Doing which activity do You think can help you to strengthen the friendship between you and your friend?
a. having a good time together with your friend
b. solving your friend's problem with him or her
14. If your friend wants to reduce living expenses, which one would you suggest?
a. Find a roommate that can share the living expenses.
b. Buy the new technology products (cell phone) less frequently.
c. Shop for less expensive food and cook at home (instead of eating in restaurant or buying expensive food item).
15. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? In the past people ate food that was better for their health than they do today. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
16. As a student of university that has a long break between university semesters, the university requires all students to do one of the following for one month during the break:
a. students must take a course on the subject that has no direct connection to their majors of study.
b. students must volunteer to work in the city where the university is located or their hometowns to improve some aspects of life of the city or their own town.
Which one do you think is more beneficial for students in their university. Why?
17. Rather than help their children do schoolwork, parents should encourage their children do their homework independently.
18. At some universities, students take part in making decisions about the issues that affect daily life of everyone on campus, such as how many hours that the libraries should be open each day or what kinds of food should be served in the cafeteria. But at some universities, experts are hired to make these decisions, students almost never involved. Which approach do you prefer and why.
19. A city wants to help teachers of its high school students (age 14-18) improve their teaching. It is considering two plans:
a. Choose a small group of excellent teachers; these teachers will attend a class led by an expert for additional training in how to teach effectively, and they will then come back to their schools and provide that training for other teachers in school.
b. Provide additional training in teaching effectively for high school teachers, using online material that each teacher will study individually.
20. Students aged 13-18 are taught different subjects by different teachers while younger students are taught by only one teacher all day long. Some people suggest it would benefit young students to be taught by different teachers. Do you agree with this view? Why or why not?